(2018 Update!) Summer is already flying by and, before we know it, school’s back in session (yikes!) Have you seen Back to School sales already?! It’s REAL! But instead of watching these summer weeks pass us by like blurry photos of an active 4 year old (I have plenty of those blurry photos of my son … lol!), how about we set out to make this a different summer? Let’s make it a Transformation Summer!
How amazing would it feel to get to the end of summer feeling like a new person (not run down, needing a vacation from your vacation?)
Summer Transformation: 12 weeks to a better family life!
By now, we’ve all kicked into summer mode. When I looked at the calendar and saw that we had 12 WEEKS from the end of school ’till the beginning this fall, I freaked out! That’s a lot of weeks to fill up with summer activities! WHAT are we going to do? But then, I thought this was actually GREAT! Instead of dreading it, what if we used that time to make some positive changes in our family? YES!
That’s where I got the idea for this Summer Transformation: 12 weeks to a better family life. (But feel free to jump in any time during the summer!)
I’m breaking down the transformation into these 4 categories:
- Food & Fitness
Let’s get started with this Summer Transformation Action List!
Just in case you’re SUPER busy like me, I’m keeping the Action List short. That way, we can use these summer weeks as an opportunity to make some changes without getting overwhelmed. You’re welcome.
This is my personal Summer Transformation Action List. But if you scroll down, you can sign up to get the FREE Printable just for YOU, and receive my Coppe News for more encouragement and summer fun!
Disclosure: I may share affiliate links below to some of my favorite products! If you click and buy, I get a small comission at no extra charge to you!
- Pick 1 to 3 things you’ll add to your daily routine to work on YOU (no more than 3 — keep it simple and doable!)
- Don’t just think about the things. Grab a notepad and write it down, then post it where you can see it! (Trust me on this one. It works!)
- For me, I’m specifically looking at transforming my Soul/Mind/Body (your list might look different, it’s all about your goals!)
- 5 to 10 minutes for morning prayer time (I keep a small go-to Bible like this one for quick devotionals!)
- Join a Bible Study group at church or online (thanks to 2 friends for recent invitations!)
- Take 5 to 10 minutes before bed for relaxation exercises & journaling
- I found the answer to help around the home (without hiring a cleaning service). It’s called The Flylady!
- The Flylady’s website has daily routines, monthly habits and other tips and secrets. I love it because the tips help me take my home from CHAOS to Clean (and she actually makes it FUN!)
- I’m incorporating the following Flylady routines into our home (or in some cases, keeping the good habits rolling!)
- Morning Routine
- Evening routine
- 15 minutes decluttering challenge (I’m applying this to piles of papers in the dining room, our crazy garage and all the closets.)
- My hubby and I (and our church) went through money expert Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University (FPU) in January. For this action step, we’re working the plan:
- Weekly budget meetings (with FPU printables).
- Tracking spending with the free Every Dollar app/website.
FOOD & FITNESS
- I’m trying to cut out “bad sugars” — so no soda, no sweets, and trying to stick to that 80 to 90% of the time.
- 100 Days of Real Food: I love Lisa Leake’s blog about eating real, non-processed food. I’ll be looking at her site and her two cookbooks (which I own) for meal inspirations!
- eMeals and Instacart! This is a genius combo! A meal plan you can customize and have delivered to your home?! YES, please!
- We use the eMeals app to select the meals we want for the week (usually on Fridays). Then, we click the Instacart button on the eMeals app and the groceries appear on our front door. It’s like MAGIC! It’s perfect for prep and freeing up the morning to hang out!
- Here’s my affiliate link below, so if you check out their FREE 14 day trial and then sign up, I get a small commission that doesn’t cost you a cent! YAY!
- eMeals +Instacart
- I wrote more about that experience here.
- My friend, bootcamp trainer and gym owner, Logan, is a HUGE motivator! I just haven’t been able to make a summer workout schedule work, but I’m not giving up! My action plan is to make it to the YMCA or Loganitus Training. at least 3 times a week.
- I’m also using the free 30 Day Fit Challenge Workout app in the mornings. These are quick, short workouts that I try to squeeze in, whether it’s 10 or 30 minutes (although I always aim for 30!)
Want to join me for these 12 weeks of Summer Transformation?
Let’s do this thing! Whether you have 12 weeks to go, or a few weeks before school starts again, let’s make the best of it!
This is the time to have fun, make memories and create some great habits for our family. Now is the perfect time to make sure we have some solid home and family organization systems and habits in place. I’m excited about getting better with meal planning, morning routines, etc… so that when school starts again, we are READY TO DO THIS!!!
You in?! Tell me in the comments! Or sign up below! It’s going to be a GREAT Summer!!!
Laughing (and transforming) thru life,
By signing up below, you get the FREE Printable and my Coppe News email newsletter!
I’ve heard about the no sugar challenge! That’s so intense. I’m focusing on cleaner food and making sure I’m eating properly. Maybe I’ll make the jump to no sugar during the summer. ?
Do it, Virjinia! Even if we cut out just the bad stuff, it makes a difference! 😀 (And I’m by no means at 100%, but little baby steps help!)
Love this transformation! Maybe look into changing uo the daily products you use – and look for safer, better products than the ones offered on store shelves.
I recently went through all my beauty products and compared them with the reviews on https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/. I had dry shampoo that had parabens and body wash with hormone disrupting chemicals in them. It was eye opening.